A company website is a great tool to attract potential customers to your business. A professional Sacramento web design company will tell you how important it is to have your website be mobile-friendly. There are more people using cell phones as their primary way to get online and having a functioning mobile version of your website will help attract these visitors. Cell phone screens are a lot smaller than the average computer monitor. A web version of a website will be hard to navigate using a cell phone which will repel these visitors.
There is a noticeable difference between the desktop version and the mobile version of a website. It’s not just a simple matter of making the page larger. Sacramento website design companies make the mobile-friendly version easy to use on a phone. Here are the major differences between the desktop and mobile versions:
- Mobile sites are compact. No fuss, no muss. It takes advantage of the smaller screen by limiting what is shown on the page at a time. Menus are often collapsed to save space.
- Mobile sites have less graphics and marketing to avoid cluttering the page.
- Desktop websites have horizontal navigation at the top of a page while mobile have vertical navigation under a collapsed menu button.
- Mobile sites take advantage of integration with the phone to allow people to click on phone numbers and easily call the number.
- Mobile sites use the location settings to narrow search results based on your current location.
It might seem like an added expense to have a mobile-friendly version of your website designed, but there are a lot of advantages for this too. Some services depend on emergencies for most of their new business. This might include a mechanic who will often find new customers who have car trouble in the area and need to come in immediately. If their car breaks down away from home, they must rely on their cell phone to find somewhere to go to get it fixed. Having a mobile website can allow them to easily find your business, but also to easily call for services. Contact a local Sacramento website design company to ask about creating a mobile-friendly version of your website and attack those mobile customers.