Inflammation is the major thing you experience when you have challenging diseases. Here is an example to understand more about the inflammation. If you cut your finger or have an injury or illness, the first thing you notice is pain, redness, heat, swelling and sometimes loss of function. These are the classic signs of symptoms, which state that the inflammatory process is underway. Inflammation fights the body from infection, diseases, and helps to mend the damaged tissues. But, certain types of inflammation caused due to a sedentary lifestyle, and obesity can bring more harm to the body. In this article, let’s understand more about inflammation, symptoms, causes, and a diet that can reduce inflammation in the body. Scroll down to know more about it.
What are the two types of inflammation?
Inflammation is broadly classified into two main types:
Acute inflammation: Acute inflammation stays for a shorter period and usually resolves within two weeks. During the healing process, cytokines are released by the damaged tissues which provide nutrients, hormones, and immune cells at the site of infection and quickly begin the healing process.
Chronic inflammation: Chronic inflammation is a long-term inflammatory state which lasts for a prolonged period may be from several months to many years. Chronic inflammation continuously involves in destruction and repair of the tissues from the inflammatory site. A few of the most challenging diseases such as prolonged stress, an autoimmune disorder, asthma, heart disease, diabetes are a few examples of chronic inflammation.
What causes inflammation in the body?
The following are the risk factors which can cause acute and chronic inflammation in the body.
- Contact to environmental allergens, dust, or other substances
- Long-term exposure to irritants and chemicals
- Autoimmune diseases
- A wound or an Injury
- Certain foods like refined sugar, refined flour, Trans-fats, alcohol
What are the symptoms of inflammation?
The following are the signs and symptoms of inflammation:
If you have any of the above symptoms, then consult a doctor immediately for the evaluation of the cause of inflammation and pain. Your doctor may prescribe medicines to ease the discomfort. Order the prescription medicines from a reliable online medicine site at the comfort of your home.
A few other examples of the inflammatory condition in the body are discussed below.
Symptoms vary and it depends upon an inflammatory component in the body. If you have auto-immune diseases, you may experience the following symptoms:
- Joint pain
- Joint stiffness
If you are suffering from multiple sclerosis, the immune system attacks the myelin sheath and causes inflammation and multiple scars to the sheath and the surrounding area. Below are the symptoms you will notice:
- Tingling arms
- Cognitive disorders
- Loss of balance
Chronic inflammation of the digestive tract can bring the following symptoms:
- Peptic ulcers
- Stomach pain
- Frequent bowel movements
- Weight reduction
- Stomach cramps
- Abdominal bloating
Are there any foods which bring inflammation in the body?
Yes! Inflammation can cause or worsen with the foods you include in the diet. Here, we have listed out a few foods that can invite inflammation in the body and those include:
- Diet-rich in processed sugar, artificial sweeteners like soda, soft drinks, and high-fructose corn syrup
- Foods containing artificial trans-fats
- Refined carbohydrates like white flour, pasta, white rice, white bread,
- Excess intake of omega-6 fatty acids-rich foods
- Drinking too much of alcohol can bring leaky-gut
- Processed meat like bacon, smoked meat, sausage, ham
- Unhealthy oils
- Processed snacks and deep-fried foods
Know about the anti-inflammatory diet:
If you are suffering from chronic inflammation, a simple diet change can bring down the inflammation in the body. Yes! Balanced anti-inflammatory diets play a major role and help you back on track. The anti-inflammatory diet should have a combination of healthy fats, nutrients, and antioxidants. These help to manage inflammation in the body.
- Include fibre-rich foods, fresh veggies, green leafy vegetables, and fruits in your diet.
- Add seeds, nuts, legumes, lentils, and healthy fats like olive oil in your diet.
- Make your plate colourful by incorporating foods rich in antioxidants and other essential nutrients.
- Embrace in your diet, the richness of spices like turmeric, fenugreek, green tea, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, rosemary, nutmeg, black pepper, and ginger to manage inflammation.
Drugs and supplements:
There are a lot of over-the-counter medicines such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and supplements to reduce inflammation. Never take medicines on your own. If the pain persists or becomes worse, speak to your doctor and get the NSAIDS prescribed to ease inflammation and aches in your body. Also, there are dietary supplements with anti-inflammatory properties which you can use for inflammatory conditions. If your doctor prescribes drugs and supplements, order them from a trusted online pharmacy store in India with amazing discounts and avail free door delivery options.