Without a good yoga teacher, no yoga learner can cross any step in understanding the perfect meaning of yoga. A good yoga teacher can assist their students in reaching that level where the learner themselves are not aware.
As a yoga teacher, you should have the capability to provide students bets class experiences that strengthen them and increase their level of contentment and happiness in practicing yoga.
Have a look at some of the top qualities to be a yoga teacher through a 200 hour online yoga teacher training course:
· Years of experience and love for yoga: The most important quality is your love for yoga. Unless you have a passion for something, it is tough to offer the rates to other learners. Here love also depicts deep respect and an understanding of several factors that make up yoga and not only the Asana part. As a yoga teacher, it’s not only the yoga teacher training certifications but also a long-settled practice. Along with a passion for yoga, a yoga teacher should also have some years of experience to take the class with high confidence. Also, with no experience, it is not easy to inspire others to learn this stunning life science and include them in their lifestyle.
· No ego: If you want to be a perfect yoga teacher, you should not have an ego. You will get involved in the yoga class, not about your practice but instilling yogic knowledge into your students. There is no requirement to show off your skills to others, but instead, you should teach your students those suitable practices for their level. As a yoga teacher, you should be happy to share your knowledge freely that helps in building confidence in your students. Adaptation and alignment are essential parts of learning, and they should be attended in a positive light. As a yoga teacher, you should not forget that you are the medium to transfer knowledge to your students.
· A strong desire to help people grow: As a yoga teacher, you are quite ahead of your students in terms of knowing yoga philosophy, yoga anatomy, and virtues of veganism, along with sattvic foods. You might also know your mantras and rattle them off in chaste Sanskrit, but it will be of value for your students when you transfer the knowledge in a way that they understand. Several times yoga students might feel out of depth as well as overwhelmed by old yoga practices. As a teacher, you should have a powerful desire to assist all students even though they struggle to catch up with the class. You should develop compassion and strong understanding to have a completely safe feeling and inspire enough to create the yoga practices and bring them to very high levels. As a good yoga teacher, you should have the capacity to lead a class with many students.
· Strong communication skills: Voice is one of the most vital tools that you can use to include the right direction as well as learning in the entire group. A teacher who well maintains the rhythm and flow of the class by using their voice only is considered an exemplary teacher. Yoga can be difficult for some learners, but a good yoga teacher should have the skills to communicate with a supportive nature for their students with the perfect choice of words. The tone of your voice should be modulated so that it does not intimidate any of your students.
· Sensitive to student’s requirements: A yoga teacher might possess all expertise as well as knowledge, but if they are not subtle to what their students are experiencing, they can’t be considered significant. As a good yoga teacher, you will have to keep your fingers in a student’s pulse and try to know what the learners are experiencing in the whole class. When you understand all individuals in your class, you can customize the course to bring changes in those who are experiencing negativity.
· Authentic: An authentic yogi can be easily compared to the light that shines very quickly for all students in the classroom. All students must be able to see the similar personality in their teacher, especially because later on, they will strive for those things later in life. When a yoga teacher shows warmth and compassion towards their students, the earners can easily uplift themselves.
So, are you ready to shift your practice to another level?
With a good online 300 hour yoga teacher training course, you will get help to get hold of your voice as a teacher, and also, you will learn how to sequence great classes.
If you are a beginner then you can check with the beginner level online 200 hour yoga teacher training course to become a certified yoga instructor.