How to setup Bluehost in WordPress
Hey, Welcome back. In this article, I will go through a detailed walk around on How to purchase a Bluehost Hosting Plan ? and Step by Step process to setup WordPress in Bluehost Hosting.
Let’s get started
Why choose Bluehost as your hosting.
Bluehost offers you excellent hosting features such as free domain name for 1-year, free SSL certificates to make your eCommerce sites more secure, backups, excellent customer support, and so on. Whether you know it or not, Bluehost is used by over 2 million websites worldwide. Bluehost is one of the most affordable and popular web hosting companies in the world which is a part of EIG (Endurance International Group) since 2010.
1. How to create Bluehost account
Click on login.
Afterward you can see two options login OR Create account
Click on create account as shown below.
3. Choose a hosting plan for creating an account
When choosing a hosting plan, always have your purpose in mind.
Are you building a small personal website as a hobby? A mid to large-sized website for your business? Whatever your purpose is, make sure to choose the hosting plan that offers what you need.
Whether you are running a small business, an eCommerce store, or a BIG online portal online, Bluehost also offers you all these kinds of hosting solutions which are listed below.
· Shared hosting
· Dedicated hosting
· Cloud hosting
· WordPress hosting
· VPS hosting
· WooCommerce hosting
What is shared hosting?
A shared web hosting service is a web hosting service where many websites reside on one web server connected to the Internet. This is generally the most economical option for hosting, as the overall cost of server maintenance is spread over many customers
What is dedicated hosting?
A dedicated hosting service, dedicated server, or managed hosting service is a type of Internet hosting in which the client leases an entire server not shared with anyone else.
What is Cloud hosting?
Cloud computing is the on-demand availability of computer system resources, especially data storage and computing power, without direct active management by the user. The term is generally used to describe data centers available to many users over the Internet
What is wordPress hosting?
WordPress Hosting is a hosting product that is pre-configured to host a WordPress powered website efficiently. … WordPress Hosting is usually used for the 3 “S’s” – to simplify, to secure, and to speed up a WordPress install compared to a WordPress install on a typical Linux server.
What is VPS hosting?
VPS is short for a Virtual Private Server. VPS hosting is one of the most popular hosting services you can choose for your website. It uses virtualization technology to provide you with dedicated (private) resources on a server with multiple users.
It’s a more secure and stable solution than shared hosting where you don’t get a dedicated server space. However, it’s smaller-scale and cheaper than renting an entire server.
What is woo commerce hosting?
The idea behind WooCommerce hosting is to offer a hassle free way to set up your online store. This allows you the freedom to focus on growing your business. Think of it as a platform designed specifically for your ecommerce store with an army of hosting engineers working in the background
4.Create OR add domain name
After choosing your plan, the next step will be to provide your domain name
Your domain name doesn’t need to end in a “.com”. You can use “.org”, “.net”, “.us”, “.biz”, or “.info” for your domain name. This is especially helpful if your first choice isn’t available. Just type in your domain then click “Next”.
If you aren’t ready to enter a domain name, you can always follow these steps on how to assign domain if you chose to do it later.
If you already have a domain name, just enter it in the “Use A Domain You Own” form and click “next”.
5. Enter Account Details
The next step is to simply fill in the required information. You’ll need to provide your first name, last name, country, street address, city, zip code, phone number, and email address.
Note that your receipt will be sent to the email address you enter.
Adding your business name is optional or what you want
6. Check hosting package and billing amount
Enter Payments details
Here’s what you can consider:
• SiteLock Security Essential: This service costs $2.99 per month (billed annually at $35.88/year). This add-on verifies your email address, physical address, and phone number. This feature might help prove your credibility to customers if you plan to sell a product or service on your site.
• CodeGuard Basic: This service costs $2.99 per month (billed annually at $35.88/year). This provides extra security to your website by letting you backup your site regularly. This makes it easy to revert your site to a previous save if anything happens or if you make a mistake
• Bluehost SEO Tools Start: This feature costs an extra $1.99 per month (billed annually at $23.88/year). Bluehost claims that this tool can help you get search engine rankings.
Do note that the amount indicated in each plan is billed annually. You might be surprised to find that Bluehost has deducted a lump sum instead of the indicated monthly price.
We should mention that Bluehost has a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can always opt-out during that time.
That doesn’t extend to the domain. If you get a domain from Bluehost and then cancel within the first 30 days, they will deduct the necessary amount for the yearly domain fee. So, keep this in mind in case you ever need to get your money back.
Once you’ve finished this step, you’ll be greeted with a confirmation.
note: – You can cancel your hosting plan within the first 30 days for a full refund. If you cancel within 30 days you receive a full refund on your hosting service only. The money-back guarantee does not apply to most add-on products, such as domains, given the unique nature of their costs.
How to install WordPress on Bluehost
Lets kick the tutorial.
1. Login to your account
Go to sites.
2. Enter website Information
Enter Site Name and Site Title as you want, example I have choose my site name movie. Then enter site title related to movie
3. Choose a domain for your website
Select the domain you have buy OR add while the time of purchasing the hosting.
On the selected domain we are going to install the WordPress.
4. Click next to install WordPress in your website
You have successfully installed WordPress on your site. To accessing the WordPress Click on Login to WordPress.
Set up your new WordPress website
1. log in to your WordPress site
To access the WordPress dashboard you simply need to add /wp-admin to the end of the URL where you have installed your WordPress
Here you have to enter the user name or password you have created at the time of installation.
2. Check Dashboard
This is the user interface of the WordPress dashboard from here you can access your whole website from dashboard you can update your WordPress also.
3. Change the Time zone of your WordPress
1. Go to your WordPress Settings area. Navigate to your WordPress blog dashboard. …
2. Select a city nearest you. On the Settings > General page, find the section labeled Time zone.
3. If a city option doesn’t exist for you, manually calculate your time zone. …
4. Save your changes. …
5. Choose themes for your site
Changing your WordPress theme won’t necessarily change your blog content, pages, users, or other information stored in your database. Your theme only changes how all that information is displayed to your website visitors.
There are thousands of free and premium WordPress themes available for you to use.
Free themes can be downloaded from the official WordPress theme directory, or you can purchase premium themes with more advanced features from third-party developers. You can even create your own custom themes for a unique web design
Click on —–>Appearance Then click on Add new as shown in the above image.
We are recommending you to few themes that really help you to start your blogging, ecommerce site, portfolio site,
Having said that, let’s take a look at the best WordPress themes on the market.
1. Divi. Divi is one of the most popular multi-purpose WordPress themes on the market. …
2. Ultra. Ultra is the most powerful and flexible WordPress theme created by Themify. …
3. SeedProd. …
4. Astra. …
5. OceanWP. …
WordPress has almost 8000+ free themes so you can choose wisely
5. Add plugins
Click on Plugin and choose add new option to add plugin in your website as shown in the image below,
Click on Plugin and choose add new option to add plugin in your website,
A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress.
Plugins are used to extend or add functionality to your website. For example, if you want to sell products or take donations on your site, you’re going to need a plugin to handle that
6. Create pages (and posts)
The next step is to create the content for your website – start by adding the pages. To do so, within your WordPress dashboard, click on Bluehost Menu. Then under Content > Pages, select Add New Page.
Although the pages you display will vary depending on the type of site you are building, here are some page types that you should consider creating…
- Homepage – This is where most of your audience will land when they visit your site. Use powerful imagery, signpost important content, and add calls to action, to ensure your homepage captures and engages your visitors.
- About page – An important page, here you should share your story, discuss your business’ philosophy, introduce your team, and add any other relevant information that will help you to build a relationship with your audience.
- Contact page – As well as a contact form, consider displaying opening times, a map showing location, social media links, and more.
- Portfolio – If appropriate, creating beautiful wordpress pages will help to showcase your work.
- Blog – Always consider adding a blog to your website. A blog will attract visitors to your site, keep your website updated, and help with SEO.
- Try BlueHost For 30 Days