There are some tasks you need to accomplish that take a little more heavy-duty power. Unlike other tools, if you have a steady and sturdy blade it’ll give you force and impact. An axe is not an everyday use item so when you do get one you need to make sure it’s just right. Even though you might not use it a lot, it is a handy tool that can be utilized in multiple ways. There is a lot you can get done if you have a strong blade. Finishing tougher tasks like chopping wood and farming is not possible with small tools.
More than anything if you are an axe-swinging person, you can scrape by with a subpar blade. You need the best one you can find since it’s an investment. There is quite a lot you can do with an axe that might not normally occur to you.
The Many Uses of Axes To Consider
- As an outdoorsy person, having an axe gives you several advantages. You can keep it with you when you are camping and it can be perfect for chopping firewood.
- Going on adventures usually entails having to deal with dangerous situations. You can kill pests. Fight through brambles and make hikes easier with an axe.
- If you’re going hunting, an axe is an excellent blade to kill small animals and game. You can also fling it to slow a prey down and then chase it.
- In dangerous professions like firefighting, a quality axe can be very helpful. Firefighters use it to break windows and locked doors to rescue people.
- In some unseemly circumstances, if you need to, you can also use an axe as a self defense weapon. It is potent because it’s heavy and can be used to knock out or deter someone from harming you.
- Even though there are other weapons now axes were also utilized as war weapons at one point. There are still some native tribes that use them as weapons and tools.
- Farming and agriculture involve the continuous use of axes for cultivation, harvest, and upkeep of crops.
The Types of Axes You Find Now
Even though utilization may not be frequent you can find a good axe in any home depot store. There should be at least one in your shed at all times in case of emergencies. Within the general category of the axe, there are some special ones that are used more.
- If you live in a hilly area, having an axe is a must for you. Usually, what would suit you would be a hatchet for your daily usage. It is a short-handled axe with a wider edge for better wood-cutting.
- If you are more of a slinger and you need more torque, a tomahawk is the right choice. Unlike the hatchet, an axe with a longer handle and small edge is known as a tomahawk axe.
- While there are many versions and sizes available in each, you will find showier ones too. Despite their limited usage, they are also preferred as collectible weapons since they’re big and clunky.
- Unlike the regular axes that are good for actual cutting, the showy type is meant for décor. You will find a large range of fantasy axes that are meant for collection and showcase.
- Rangers and survivalists particularly like the tomahawk as a tool to carry around. The leaner edge and lighter body make it an ideal survival axe.
The Origin and Specialty of A Tomahawk Axe
We have all seen and used an axe that’s meant for chopping in lumberyards. But did you know that as a weapon, there is such a thing as a throwing axe? It is exactly what it sounds like; a specifically-built axe that’s easier to flying through the air.
Unlike the hatchet that’s meant for grunt work, a tomahawk axe is an excellent throwing weapon. They were also skilled huntsmen and utilized the throwing tomahawk to hunt for food. Even now the native tribes are fond of and regularly use the tomahawk as a tool and weapon. It has a longer handle but also a heavier bottom, so it can swing through the air. It maintains a good circular motion that’s speedy and incredibly impactful.
Where To Find Tomahawk For Sale?
The origins of the badass tomahawk might lie in the native tribes but it is a much-used tool otherwise. You can find a variety of domestic-use axes as well as a tactical tomahawk in your local market. Especially if you are in one of the hunting or mountaineering states, you’ll get a good variety.
If you need the best axe money can buy, you don’t have to spend much. Knife Import is one such wholesaler that has an impressive range of cheap axes for sale. You can browse through their online collection which is affordable, yet high-quality. So if you want to buy an axe, make sure it’s worth the investment, buy from Knife Import.