Dryer vent fires are currently the number one cause of all house fires, outpacing chimney fires. Dryer vents are one of the things out of sight that one cannot afford to ignore. When you know that the lint trap on the dryer (even the latest one) only eliminates or prevents eighty percent of the lint. If you consider calling professionals, you can see the importance of washing the dryer in Colorado Springs and near your area.
Dryer lint is easily flammable and, given the right conditions, can spark a dryer fire, sometimes spread through the HVAC system, which in turn, spreads the fire quickly throughout your house.
When a dryer does its work, about half a pound of water is removed, the filter collects lint, and air is pushed into the dryer exhaust system.
Over time, this extra lint is deposited in the dryer and the exhaust or venting system. Airflow is limited, the dryer is running faster, and the engine is overheating. With excess lint deposition, the dryer is now a ready-made candidate for a dryer blast.
DRYER SAFETY AND INSPECTION TIPS
1. Ensure your lint trap does not have to be ripped and cleaned before each drying cycle. If your lint is wet on your lint trap, it could mean that it is time for you to clean your dryer vents. Also, the lint panel should be gently scrubbed every week and cleaned with a light dish soap.
2. Visually check the outside vent hood on the side of your house while the dryer is in service. Are the flaps moving, or do you sense some airflow? If not, it is time to sweep up your dryer exhaust system and check your dryer.
3. Inspect the lint around your dryer on the concrete. This is an alert sign that the exhaust system needs to be washed.
4. If your clothes require longer than one cycle to dry, this may be an indication that your dryer exhaust machine needs to be washed immediately.
5. Never rinse any clothing or rags that have been saturated with flame retardants. It could trigger an explosive condition in your dryer.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE BEST DRYER VENT CLEANING IN COLORADO SPRINGS AND WORLDWIDE
You must call a professional when cleaning a dryer vent because of the various circumstances that can and may be experienced. These problems are due to improper types of vents, loose or disconnected vents, or vents with so many angles and curves.
Depending on the case, dryer vent cleaning professionals typically have various models of cleaning equipment. You need to ask the dryer vent specialist if they will do maintenance or improvements on site.
When you are looking for the best dryer vent cleaning in Colorado Springs, hire a company with a maximum number of experience and get good reviews. It would help if you made a smart choice when you spend your money on a professional service that saves your HVAC system. Check for previous client’s feedback and certification of the company’s website before your book them.